FREE CASE REVIEW Need help now? Fill out our form
for a free case review today!
VISIT OUR BLOG Attorney Jason G. Soper talks about issues
of Family Law, Bankruptcy & Personal Injury


I am thinking about divorcing my Spouse.  What is the first thing I should do?

The first step anyone should take once they have decided to seek a divorce from their Spouse is contact competent counsel.  There are several issues to take into consideration and it is important to have an attorney assess your particular set of facts.

What are the grounds for divorce in South Carolina?

South Carolina has five grounds for divorce:  one year’s separation, adultery, physical cruelty, desertion, and habitual drunkenness (this includes drug abuse).  One year’s separation is a no-fault ground.  The rest are fault grounds.  One of the five grounds for divorce must be proved in order to obtain a divorce.

How is child support determined in South Carolina?

In South Carolina the court must consider the Child Support Guidelines. The primary factors to be considered under the guidelines are the gross incomes and earning potential of both parties.  There are other factors that the Guidelines take into account, number of children being one of them.   It is always good advice to contact competent counsel when dealing with child support issues.

How is custody determined in South Carolina?

In South Carolina, neither the father nor the mother are entitled to a presumption in favor of one having custody of the other.  The judge will make the custody determination by deciding what is in “the best interests of the child.”

How do I know if I have a personal injury case?

If you have been injured or traumatized and believe it is the fault of somebody else you are likely to have a personal injury case.  Personal injury cases are not limited to physical losses only.  You also may have a case if someone has attacked your reputation, invaded your privacy, or inflicted emotional distress upon you.  By contacting the Law Office of Jason G. Soper you can find out if your particular circumstances warrant legal action or not.

Call (843) 747-6634 for your FREE Case Review
or Click to Contact Jason G. Soper today!